Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day weekend 2008

We began our weekend by heading out to Kingman, Kansas. Barry's grandmother died on Wednesday night and her memorial service was Saturday. It was a very nice service and the room was full of wonderful pictures of Evelyn and her family. The girls did great. We were very proud of how well they behaved! They had some time to play with their cousins and Hanna was very excited that she was related to all those people. She said she was lucky and I told her that was very true. She did OK when Barry had told her that her great-grandma had to go to Heaven. She said "She can play with Major." Halli said..."Don't take me to heaven mommy; I don't want to go." I told her I wanted her to stay with me for a long time and I wouldn't take her to Heaven. She said "Good." and that was that.

Sunday we stayed home and the girls swam in their little pool in the backyard. They swam and swam and swam. They both went under the water several times. Hanna on purpose and Halli, well, not really on purpose, but she came up every time saying "Mommy, I went under, I am a big girl!"


Monday we loaded up and went to Lovewell lake. It was quite windy, but we all managed to have fun. We ate cold fried chicken (a lake must) and watermelon! We did find a nice little place where it wasn't so windy and did some fishing. The girls had their barbie and princess fishing poles that Grandma & Grandpa Hodges got them and Barry put a crappie jig on them. Halli caught the first fish, but when Hanna started catching them, she was non-stop. I think she caught the most.





When the girls wanted a break to climb the rocks (Hanna) or put rocks in a plastic bottle (Halli), Barry and I tried our hands at the pretty little poles. We both caught a fish and I was very excited to get a picture of Barry fishing with a Barbie pole! It was a nice family day, but we had to get home realtively early so the girls could be rested for the first day of school.



1 comment:

Memery51 said...

I like your blog! I didn't know you fished! Mary