Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bee stings and foot things


It seems I am allergic to bee stings. I had never been stung by a bee...until Tuesday! I was walking into work after a home visit and as I walked through the grass I thought I had a sticker in the side of my shoe. I reached down to get it out and a little bumble bee came out. I went into work and my coworker saw the little sting hole on the side of my left foot, we made sure the stinger wasn't in there and she made the comment that I must not be allergic because it didn't swell or look red or anything. Until the next day! Wednesday, mid morning at work, I noticed that my foot was starting to swell a little and I had a red, hard area on the top of my foot. Things proceeded to get worse and by Thursday it looked bad, so I went upstairs to the clinic at work. I received an "oh my gosh" look and was started on steroids, an antibiotic and a steroid cream. He said that red area was the starting of cellulitis (not good). It is starting to look and feel better, but I am really scared of getting another bumble bee sting!

No comments: